The Gempa software is a standalone software developed for digital image processing of electron micrographs.
Gempa is written in the IDL programming language. To use Gempa an installation of the license-free IDL virtual machine is required. IDL supported platforms are Apple Mac OS X 10.x, Intel x86 LinuX, Solaris, Microsoft Windows 7 and XP
[A screenshot of Gempa running on Mac OS X]
the Gempa feature list contains
- import of various image formats (Tietz .tvips, Digital Micrograph .dm3, Emispec .ser, MRC .mrc, FUJI image plate data, tif, gif, png and binary data)
- export to Tietz .tvips, MRC .mrc, tif, gif, png, ppm, raw binary format
- group context: images can be grouped and commands can be performed on these groups, 3D data can be loaded as image groups
- supports various data types and arithmetics from integer to complex floating point data
- contrast manipulation
- FFT operations
- geometric transformations (image rotation, scaling, cropping, mirroring, recentering)
- image normalization
- arious complex data type operations
- unary and binary arithmetic image operations
- profile extraction in cartesian or polar coordinates
- measuring and peak fitting operations
- region of interest statistics
Gempa is available free by DOWNLOAD from this website.
availibility of the Gempa software
author: Lothar Houben
, last updated 22 October 2013.